Well this past week Lance and I took the kids for their 15 month check up and shots! The weekend before I had been super sick with Strep Throat and so I was hoping by Monday (the day of their appointment) I would be well enough to go with them. Luckily I got some meds in me from the Doctor and was much better by then. Though that morning Sadie woke up with a temp of 101. and so I was pretty sure that she would not be able to get her shots, which I was bummed because then that meant I would have to go back yet again and get her's re done! Owell, there was nothing we could do about it so off we went to their appointment.
Sadie had also had a cough for a few days and so we were going to ask about that as well. I forgot to mention that Sawy had woken up that same morning with a croupy sounding cough.. Seriously this sickness thing was never ending at our house. So we got to the appointment and before we left home we had given the kids Motrin for their shots so that when they got them they would not be in so much pain afterwards. We got them all weighed in and they were so UN happy with that this time, normally they are fine but I think because they were both not feeling like themselves they did not want any strange people touching them or even looking at them.
So we got that all done and then the Pediatrician come back in and we talked a bit about Sadie and her fever and since I had just had strep they decided to take a test on her as well since she had the cough and now high fever. Hers came back negative, but when she checked her ears her left one was infected. So we at least knew why she had the fever and got some antibiotics for her. She checked Sawyer out and said that he looked fine and to just watch his cough and come back in if it got worse. He seems to be doing better with it and seems fine now. So Sawyer got his shots which he freaked out again, some strange lady was bugging him again and all he wanted was for Daddy to hold him.
So after all that craziness we went over and got Sadie's prescription filled and took them home for a good long nap.
I am hoping that since we have all been sick already this year that it is not a sign of things to come the rest of fall and winter, I hate being sick and I don't like when my kids are sick it is just no fun at all. I still have a cough and so does Sadie, but hopefully soon we will all feel better and I can take her back in and get her shots taken care of.
Well here are their 15 month stats:
Sadie -
Weight: 18 lbs 11 oz. 5 %
Height: 30 3/4" 70 %
Head: 17 1/2 15 %
Sawyer
Weight: 22 lbs 8 oz. 20%
Height: 32 1/2" 85%
Head: 18 3/4 60%
So as you can see my kids are Tall and skinny! Sadie has always been very petite and I think she always will be. The Doctor said she is not worried and that they both look good and healthy so we are happy about that! :)
They are both doing so well and just continue to make us laugh and we are just so happy to be their Mom and Dad. They are growing up way to fast for me though. It sure is fun though seeing all their new fun things they are doing and learning. Sawyer can do somersault's all by himself now and Sadie is getting pretty good at them herself, she still needs some help turning over but they are both so proud of each other when they do it and it's so cute to watch!
We love them so much!
We have had a busy October already and I will get some pictures posted of all the craziness soon. My Grandma Dillon ( my mom's mom) turned 90 this year and so we had huge surprise party for her and had lots of fun people come from out of town and we had a great time with cousins and extended family. My oldest brother and his family came into town and hung out with us for the weekend and we got some fun pictures at the party that I will be posting soon. I got sick that weekend and that Saturday the rest of the family went to Fright mares and so I was sad that I missed out on that this year, I was going to send my kids with my parents but then decided to keep them home, I am kinda glad now that I did because they said it was super cold, even though they all had fun! I will probably not post again till after Halloween and then I am sure I will have picture overload!! Till then enjoy the rest of October and I will be back soon with more to post. Happy Halloween to everyone! Love, The Holbrooks
Christmas Letter 2025
8 months ago














7 comments:
amber, i sure hope everyone feels better soon. there's been so much gunk going around... yikes.
can't wait until you post more pics.
so sorry you've been so sick. I know that is misery and especially when kids get sick. Feel better soon! You are such a fun Mommy!
I hate the sickness with kids. We had the same thing here..us sick and the kids. We thought it was over with but Greyson ended up with a fever yesterday, 2 days after ending his antibiotics for his ear infection! Back to the dr. tomorrow!
I can't believe Sadie is only 18 lbs! That is crazy! Piper is already 16 lbs and she isn't even 6 months. They are getting so big! I hope your sickness all goes away..it's no fun and with Halloween right around the corner, that wouldn't be fun.
I am so glad you posted! I have been worried about you as it has been a while. Sorry to hear you all were sick. I used to tell myself that it was just one more sickness they WOULDN'T get when they are school-aged! Hope you are all feeling better now. Can't wait to see your Halloween pics!
I am glad that you are all starting to feel better & I hope it stays that way too! You kids are so darn cute!
I'm sorry to hear that you have been so sick. Strep throat is awful. It's so hard when kids get sick, I can't imagine two at the same time! Hang in there, and please let me know if you need anything!
Hope everyone starts feeling better! We have it at my house too....Not fun!
Post a Comment