Welcome to our blog!

Welcome to our blog!

Sunday, May 23, 2010

Sadie's Dancing Debut!!

Last night was our Dance Recital and Sadie was able to dance with her cute little class. She always came and practiced with the girls that I was teaching and so we decided she was ready to perform. Being a year younger than most the girls in her class and being the littliest I think she did awesome! I will say I was one proud Mommy. She was wild right before and didn't want to sit with her class while they waited to perform and so I was really not sure if she would get out there and do anything and she did more than what I thought and it was adorable! I was back stage helping get the girls on and off the stage and so I could only see through the curtains and when I watched the video back I just could not stop smiling. It was so cute. All of my nieces and our other students did so well and it turned out to be a great night of dances!

So here are a bunch of pictures of her in her costume and dancing. I am still trying to figure out if I can get the video we took on our camcorder posted so I will have to post that later.

I do also have to wish my sweet Hubby a belated birthday on here. His birthday was the 19th and he took off all this last week to hang out and be home with us and when he took the time off back in Nov. we didn't know that the review and dance pictures would be all in the same week. So we were pretty busy all week long and didn't get to do as much together as we would have liked, but I did take him to dinner on his bday to the Cheesecake Factory and then I threw a Surprise party for him tonight since he is the BIG 30! So I will get some picture on here of his day as well. But we love you Lance and appreciate all that you do for us!


Here is Sadie just before leaving for the review. She was so excited to get in her pretty skirt. This was her Goodship Lollipop costume
                                           
Giving me one of her big "cheese" smiles
Here she is in her Animal Crackers costume. Sawyer had to get in on the picture taking, he kept wondering I think why we were making such a fuss over Sadie all night. I love my two kids.
Here she is again posing with out brother
And her very first performance. I think she looks so cute up there! She was so excited when she saw all her friends, she got right up there with them and walked out on stage.
Here is her Animal crackers Dance. For some reason our camera was not zooming in very well so this one is kinda hard to see. I can see I am going to need a better camera for next years performance. Now if only I can convince Lance of that!
Her with her first Trophy! She was so cute when my Mom called her name out, she had a big smile on and went right up and grabbed it.
My cute nieces with Sadie, four of my nieces were in the "Thriller" dance so that's why they all look like they are "torn" up. Kasidee, Bailee, Sadie, Makele, Sydney, Brooklyn
My Mom and all the Granddaughters that danced.
Our first attempt at getting a family picture, Sadie just wanted to get down and run around with her cousins as you can see.
And yet again, not both kids are looking at the camera. Lance was also the flower holder. :)
And the last picture of the night.. Sadie and Sawy taking some time to enjoy some yummy cookies from Aunt Britt. We had such a fun night watching our little ballerina and can't wait for next years dance to start so we can watch her some more. It was fun for me this year to have my own girl dance, I have loved watching my nieces all these years, and now I get to have my own in the performances!

4 comments:

Rachel Lovato said...

SOOO cute! She is growing up SOO fast! AWWW..yeah for girls!

Gina Sims said...

So adorable! What a brave girl getting up! She is going to be a Star!

Danielle said...

I can't believe she has already done a dance recital! I bet she was just adorable up there - she is so cute and tiny.

Kuehne Korner said...

Soooo cute, wish I could have been there