Welcome to our blog!

Welcome to our blog!

Friday, July 2, 2010

Happy 2nd Birthday to our sweet Sadie and Sawyer!!

I still can't believe that two years ago I was preparing myself to be a Mother! I was so excited and yet so sacred all in one. I was much more excited though and just could not wait to meet my precious little babies. It had taken so long to get to this point for us and both Lance and I were just thrilled to be parents. It seemed like it was going to take days when I first got into the Hospital and the hours kept going by and I was just inching along to get to a 10 that day! But when it finally happened and I knew I would be meeting my sweet babies with in minutes, I got all teared up!
I still remember then wheeling me to the operating room ( they had me in there incase after Sadie was born that if Sawyer turned they would have to do a c section) but luckily my little man stayed where he was suppose to and it all worked out. But just that feeling of getting ready and having Lance there by my side was so overwhelming but wonderful as well.
And when I saw my tiny little babies, Sadie weighing in at 4 lbs 7 oz. and Sawyer at 5 lbs 11 oz it was just amazing! My doctor said to me, well your a Mom now and there is no going back.. I wanted nothing more than to be a Mom and I again started to cry..
I didn't get to see Sadie close up and for very long as she was rushed away to the NICU so that they could watch her breathing since she was kinda blue, which was a bit scary for us. As soon as Sawyer was born they wanted to also take him as well. Lance asked me if I minded if he go to the NICU with them and see what was going on.. I told him to go for sure, I would feel much better with him there and I would be fine. So after they let me give Sawyer a kiss which oh, how I loved that and really missed not being able to do the same with Sadie at that time. Lance was off and taking care of our kids.
Thankfully they only needed the Oxygen for a night and then were able to be off of it and come in my room. I remember going in that night to see them all hooked up to everything and I just could not believe how tiny they were.. I felt like if I held them they would break! But they were doing so well and were just so precious and the best part of all is that they were ours!

And now as they are turning 2, I still can't believe it I know people say that all the time. But wow, the time sure has flown. They are at such a fun age right now and even though they have their days where I want to ship them to my Mom's house for a few days I would not trade them for the world. They make me so happy everyday with all their cute things that they do and say and it just makes me so happy and proud that I am able to be their Mom. And I know that Lance feels the same way, he does not get to spend as much time with them as he would like but when he does I can see it on his face at how happy they make him and it just makes me love him so much more. He is a wonderful Dad and they love him.

So I just wanted to share some pictures from their Birth to now! I got their 2 year old pics today, but I won't get them back till the 19th and I will post them then. I also will post their Doctor stats after I take them next week.
So enjoy these pictures!
We love you Sadie and Sawyer so much and are so happy you are in our family!
Love,
Daddy and Mommy


Sadie Christine, just a few hours old!

Sawyer Lance, just a few hours old!
My two burrito babies.. Sadie was not too happy!
3 days old on July 4th, the day they came home! So tiny!
Ocotober 2008, 3 months old! I crack up everytime I see this picture of Sadie.. She looks so mad!
February 2009, 7 months old
July 2008, 1 year old
My handsome little boy, 1 yr old
Precious baby girl, 1 yr old
Sadie Christine March 2010, 20 months old
My twiners, 2010
My baby boy 2010

5 comments:

Suzanne said...

Happy Birthday to Sadie and Sawyer!! What sweet babies they are and I cannot believe how quickly two years has flown by! You have such beautiful children! I love ya and have fun! -Suzanne

Gina Sims said...

So fun to watch them grow! I remember seeing them at Kristen's bridal shower & they were just tiny little babies! Time goes way too fast! They are so sweet!

Danielle said...

Happy Birthday to you both! They are such cute kids and you are a great mom. Adorable!

Rachel Lovato said...

Oh wow! I can't believe that they are 2 years old! Awesome! I love the 2 year old phase!!! SO...where did you go to get their pictures taken? I can't wait to see them! HAPPY BIRTHDAY SADIE AND SAWYER!!!

Jenessa said...

Happy Birthday, Sadie & Sawyer! Such cute kiddos! They're lucky to have you and Lance as their parents, Am! Hope they had a fun party:) We miss you guys...Luv, Jae