Welcome to our blog!

Welcome to our blog!

Monday, September 6, 2010

It's been awhile!!

Well seeing that my last post was 2 months ago I thought I better post something! We have had a great and busy summer and I can't believe that it's already fall! I am loving the cooler temps, but no so sure I am looking forward to the colder weather just upon us!
Anyway, I have not been able to blog since the kids and I came back from our Oregon trip! Our computer got some weird virus or something and we have not been able to turn it on.. :( We have tried everything under the sun and I think we may now be heading to buy a new computer.. We were able to recover all my pictures, thank goodness since I was dumb and did not back anything up.. That will never happen again. Lance was able to get them on a External hard drive so at least we have all of those.. I was a bit freaked out about losing all our pictures clear back from when we got married. Anyway, so I have not been able to download any new one's from our Oregon trip and our Camping trip that we took with my family so those will come at a later date, but I just wanted to type and give a update on us for those who do read about our family. :)

We were able to get the kids rooms painted, finally! I have been wanting to do it since right after they were born but hey, it only took us 2 years to get around to do it! Lance had a hole week off so we took advantage of it. They look so cute and Sadie calls her's "My princess room" we did her's in Pink and it turned out cute and we did Sawyer's in a blue color and they both love it. Sawyer was a bit worried that his would not get done, since we did Sadie's first and then did his a day later. He kept saying "My room paint" and we had to keep telling him that we would for sure get to his the next day.

It was kinda crazy doing it with two toddlers running around and wanting our attention. Lance ended up painting it all on his own after I taped the rooms because they just did not like the idea of Mommy being away from them I guess. But he did a good job and I am happy they are done now! Pictures to follow with the next post as well. :)
That same week since Lance was off we were able to take a few days and go up to Park City for our 6th wedding Anniversary, my parents took the kids and it was really nice to have some time just the two of us, that does not happen a lot and after the busy week of painting we had it was wonderful. We ate out and shopped and even did the Alpine Slide up at the Park City Resort. I still can't believe it's been 6 years and now 2 kids later.. I love when we get to spend time together and just talk and not have the kiddo's begging for our attention, even though we love them to pieces, it's always good to have some quiet down time with just us two!

Anyway, I guess that is all for now.. We loved our summer and the trips we were able to take, we missed Lance on our Oregon trip, but being with my family and visiting my brother and his family was great. We had 25 people in my brother's house and they were all so sweet to let us use their bedrooms and house for all that we needed. Their 3 boys were great and all the cousins loved hanging out together. And I loved going to "Forks" for all you Twifans with some of my sisters, brother and Mom, we had such a great time and as my sister in law wrote on her blog, "We all had a great time giggling our way to forks".. I seriously don't know when the last time it was that I laughed so hard that my sides hurt. It really was a fun time!
Well, I will close this post now and hopefully soon I will be able to get all my fun summer pictures on here for you all to see!

5 comments:

Christy said...

Glad to see that you have not been lost to the blogging world! I am sorry to hear about your computer but it does sound like you have had a great summer according to the FaceBook world. Welcome back!

Gina Sims said...

I have missed your updates! We have wanted to paint our kid's rooms since we bought our house almost 5 years ago. You are better than me! I am hoping to do this fall/winter! I think it is so cute that Sawyer was so concerned about his room!

Christy said...

Costumes: Both were from the Disney Store on different years. They love to dress up in them now. If you watch online at www.disneystore.com they will go on sale for about 30-40% off here pretty soon.

Danielle said...

I'm glad to see you're back and posting. Sounds like you've had a great summer!

Danielle said...

Can't wait to see the pics - sounds like a fabulous summer!