Welcome to our blog!

Welcome to our blog!

Thursday, November 6, 2008

The twins 4 month update!

The twins were four months old on Sunday! They just keep getting bigger right before our eyes... I still want them to be newborns, but they are getting to a really fun age. Sadie is trying to turn herself over and almost did laying on the doctors table. They are both smiling so much and laughing and doing really well. We tried sitting them up the other day just to see how they did and they actually sat there for a minute before falling over! I don't think I am ready for them to be doing all that makes me sad that they are changing so much already..

But we are having so much fun with them and are so blessed to have them in our family!
Sadie's stats from the doctor yesterday were weight 11 lbs 9 oz, length 23" and she is still in the 10 percentile in all.. But she is now on the charts which is better than at her 2 month.

Sawyer was 14 lbs 9 oz and 25 in length and he is in the 25-50 percentile. So we are very pleased with that.
Both kids have been really having issues with spitting up since they were born and so when we decided to change doctors this last month because I was not happy with our first pediatrician our new doctor recommended that we try them on some medicine that helps with spit ups and she also thinks they have a case of acid reflux! So she got us some prescriptions for that and we will try and see if that helps!

But all in all things went great and other than having to get a shot this time around and having alittle bit of fever and crankiness they seem to be doing pretty well today!

5 comments:

Stephanie said...

OH MAN ACID REFLUX IS THE WORST! LAURA'S BABYS HAD THAT AND I HESITATED HOLDING THEM CAUSE OF THERE PROJECTILE SPIT UPS AND SO I WOULD ALWAYS GO HOME SMELLING LIKE BABY FORMULA AND HAVE TO WASH MY CLOTHS BECAUSE IT WENT EVERY WHERE! AND THEY USED THE SIMALAC CAUSE THEY WERE EXTRA SENSATIVE SO THAT STUFF SMELLS TERRIBLE WHEN IT COMES BACK UP! SO I HOPE THERE MEDS HELPS THERE TUMMYS! THAT PART IS NEVER FUN!

Christy said...

They are getting so big! Braden had acid reflux problems and he stopped once he could have solid foods. I will hope the same for you. Isn't it weird to have happy milestones happen and yet feel sad that the time past is gone? Motherhood and its' weird ups and downs. What would we do without it?

The Petterssons said...

Once you get them on the medicine I'm sure the spitting up will resolve. A lot of kids have that problem; I'm surprised your first pediatrician didn't recommend medicine sooner. Sounds like it is a good thing you changed doctors.

Alicia said...

I'm glad you are with a Dr. you like now. It really makes a big difference.
The Halloween pictures are so cute. It's so fun to see your family!

Cricket said...

Hi Amber...Oh My Heck....you will never believe this but just last week I was thinking about you. I passed your mom driving down the street and I started thinking about you and wondering what you were up to. TWINS....you go girl!
I am sooo happy for you.

Yes, Cody is over 6'3 wears a size 13 shoe and does not look 15 at all. But he still acts it...LOL

It was so good to see your family on your blog. Your parents are so sweet. They were always some of my favorite ward members.

Add me to your blog list if you want. I will add you to mine so I can take a peek at those beautiful babies.

Take care,
Cricket