Sawyer in his cute Irish St. Patrick's day bib that Grammy got him. My mom's family is Irish so we always have to wear green on this day!
Sawyer and Daddy before going to the hospital
Mommy and Sawyer, it was way to early for both of us to be up and going somewhere. Normally when he wakes up we snuggle in my bed. So to have to be up and out the door at 6:45 it was rough! :)
Daddy and Sawyer after getting changed into his hospital gown. They said that they didn't have anymore one's that just tie so Sawyer had one that were like pj's but did tie in the back. Looks kinda girly, but he still looks cute! And seriously are hospital gowns ever cute anyway? I don't think so! :)
Me and my cute boy before going down the hall to hand him off to the nice Doctors
This was him after he had woken up and they had moved him to the next side of recovery. He would not let go of the oxygen mask, so the cute nurse took it off the one part and let him play with mask part. He played with that thing till we left. ( I just noticed that my camera still says the wrong date, how weird) I guess I need to fix that.This was him not so happy after the nurse kept messing with his IV, He did not appreciate that!!
Here he is finally being able to drink some formula.. They gave him some of those small bottles and he drank two with in a few minutes! We had to have him fast and he could not eat after midnight, so he was starving by then. He could have had apple juice by 6:15 that morning, but he slept past that so he didn't get too!It was so scary having him be in there, even though his surgery was nothing compared to half of those kids in there and what they go through and we feel very blessed that it was just a few hours surgery and we didn't have to stay there for days on end like some of the wonderful families that we met. They go through so much.
Here are some other St. Patty's day pics of Sadie and Sawyer. I took a few of Sadie at my parents when I went to pick her up and then some of the two of them that night, which those one's of the two did not turn out so great. But they are still cute!
My sweet smiley girl..
The shirt that my mom bought her for St. patty's day, it was so cute it looked like she had beads on.
One of our many attempts to get a picture of the two of them. Sawyer was just not in the mood and I don't blame him. He was sad in all the pictures and Sadie was just being a pill and would not sit still.
For some reason they love to play with my measuring spoons and cups and so this was what Sadie wanted to do instead of taking pictures. She is so silly! Sawyer's eyes were so red from crying and also from some of the meds they had given him earlier because it made his cheeks and under his eyes really red. My poor little man.














11 comments:
I know how scary surgery can be when they are that little. Kayla had surgery when she was 4 months old. It is hard to let them take them away. I am so glad that everything went okay.
I am glad to see everything went well for Mr.Sawyer!! They both look so cute in there St.Patricks day outfits!
Amber - glad to hear everything went well!
Poor little Sawyer! I'm every thing went well. They are the cutest twins I've ever seen!
Im glad everything went okay.
Love you,
Angie
Im glad everything went okay.
Love you,
Angie
Sounds like a long day, but that everything went very well. I hope he recovers completely soon. Glad you and Lance survived! You're awesome parents. I love the St. Paddy's outfits. They both look darling. Your mom is so fun to get them little gifts! Glad it all went well! Love, Jae
Amber they are such little characters! I'm so happy Sawyers surgeries went well. Give him lots of hugs!!
Love Sadie's smiley cheeser face! So cute!
Your kids are so cute! I'm so glad that the surgery went well! I hope the tubes help him and he doesn't have anymore problems with his ears.
I am glad that it all went well. Even minor surgery is SURGERY and no fun. They really are adorable little people!
I am so glad that everything went well. Kade had to wear those same pj's when he had his surgeries, I thought they were kind of girly too!
Your parents were at the funeral today & is so nice to see them even though it would have been better under different circumstances.
Cute St. Patty's day pics, those two are just too cute!
Post a Comment