We had a really nice weekend as our little family of 4. Lately it has seemed as though I am a single mom. Lance is working so much over time ( which is great I am not complaining) but it just gets a little hard when I am home all day with the kids and he comes home around 7- 7:30 just in time to play with the twins for a hour before we get them ready for bed. I love that he is willing to work a little more so that I am able to be home with our kids and I really appreciate him for that. I just get a little stir crazy. Every mom needs to get out once in awhile. Luckily I get to go and hang out at my parents house on Mondays and Tuesdays while I watch my sisters kids while she teaches Dance with my mom and then she in turns watches my kids on Tuesdays while I teach.
But this last weekend Lance had his long weekend and was able to be off Friday, Saturday and Sunday, he always has Sundays off but not the other two days and that was a treat for all of us. We went on Friday and payed off some bills with some of our tax money we got back and got my car and Lance's payed off and that feels great to have those as ours now free and clear! We went to lunch at Noodles and Company and went and exchanged some of Lance's work pants at the uniform store. Then that night we were able to go out to dinner with some friends that we had been trying for months to get a night planned and we had a great time with them. They are having their first baby boy in May and we are so excited for Sawyer to have a little buddy to play with.
Saturday we hung at home for the first part of the morning and then decided to go grab some lunch at the Training Table ( I know we ate out a lot this weekend but we don't get to do it that often so it was fun) It is so much nicer to go out to eat now when we eat out because the kids will just sit in highchairs and just play with toys and eat their little banana puffs! Then we headed over to the Home and Garden show at the expo. That was fun to be together, but the show itself was not all that great and it took us forever to find a parking spot, they have really got to get more parking at that place.
Then we ran to Target to get a few things and then went home and hung out as a family. It was so cute because Lance is always gone in the mornings when the kids get up and he would get up in the morning with them while he was off and they would just smile and stare at him like they were so lucky to have him home. That really made him happy! So we had a wonderful time off together and it was great to be able to enjoy each others company. And I didn't even take one picture the hole weekend, owell! We love you Daddy and Thank you for all you do for us!
Love your biggest fans!
Amber, Sadie and Sawyer ♥
Christmas Letter 2025
7 months ago














5 comments:
Amber, I totally hear ya there!! Mitch has to put in a lot of overtime as well, in order for me to stay home with our children. He wouldn't have it any other way, and the kids and I are truly blessed for that! It sounds like you had a fun weekend! And I am totally jealous of the paying off your cars bit!!! Someday!!!
Yay for a fun weekend! I totally hear you with the single mom thing, but yes, I sure appreciate my husband for being willing to put in the hours and provide for us! Thanks for sharing...it was fun to see you today! We need a GNO soon--I'm stir crazy:)
Derek puts in overtime, but I still work:) I honestly don't know how you and Michele do it! But my cars not paid off either:) Sound like you had an awesome weekend!
What a fun weekend! I am so glad that you got some time with your hubby-you totally deserve it! The twins keep getting bigger and bigger...make them stop!
Oh my gosh, I can't wait until the boys are older and the weather gets nicer so I can be outside like you. It sounds like you stay really busy all the time. I hope as the weather does get nicer we can eventually have our set of twins finally meet. :) I know what you mean about having Dad home. It so nice to spend time with them and I know the kids love it too.
Post a Comment