Welcome to our blog!

Welcome to our blog!

Wednesday, April 22, 2009

A few firsts for the twins!

Last weekend Lance was able to have some time off and so we decided we better get the Swing set up that we had bought for the kids for Easter. So we started putting that together on Friday night after Lance got off work. We put the kids outside on a blanket and let them play. Sawyer kept crawling over to Lance to try and help him, it was so cute!
Then that weekend we were able to take the kids to the Zoo for the first time and they seemed to like it. They love riding in their stroller and being able to see things. They could not see a lot of the small animals because they were in the cages and so it was harder for us to point to them and have them actually see them, but they loved the Giraffes, Zebras and Lions.

So here are some pictures from those events.. :)


Lance getting the swing set ready to put together, he didn't even change out of his work clothes he has been excited to get this up for the kids. He loves doing stuff for them and seeing how much they enjoy it. It was cute! Sawyer and Sadie hanging out
The kids and I watching Daddy work

Sawyer getting in on the action Sawyer working really hard. It was so cute that he wanted to be by his Daddy.
He kept trying to turn the screws so it looked like he was really working, so cute!
Sadie eating the instruction manual Making progress...
And the finished product.. Good job Daddy!

Sadie taking her first swing, they loved it!

Sawyer was having a great time, the second we put him in he started giggling!
Trying out the slide! Sawyer was not so sure about that.. Sadie thought it was pretty fun!

HOGLE ZOO

In the stroller and ready for our adventure at the Zoo!

The twins having fun
Sadie being a turkey and trying to pull her bow out. Later that day she succeeded and got it out! That is one thing that drives me crazy when she does that and messes up her hair. I know she is just a baby and I should not worry so much about it, but I always said that I hoped my girl would like wearing bows and keep them in her hair. Well I guess I cursed myself because she won't always leave them in and it makes me nuts! Owell, not much I can do about it. When she tries it I tell her No and she just smiles at me like I am going to do it anyway! :)
We were trying to show the kids the Elephants here, but there were a lot of people in the way.
Checking out the Gorillas
Our family photo in front of the Zoo, I hate this picture of me and almost did not put it up. For some reason the way I was standing makes me look a lot bigger than I really am.. Gotta love when the camera does that. :(

Daddy and Sawy boy checking out the Giraffe's

Mommy and Sadie

Sawy up high on Daddy's shoulders.

And Sadie, both the kids love riding on Daddy's shoulders. I had not noticed before but looks like Sadie lost her shoes before this picture.

Some lady was standing next to me when I was taking the other pictures of Lance and the kids and she wanted to take one of the 4 of us for us, so she was trying to get the kids to look and they just would not. I told her it was OK and she could just take it, finally after trying for a few minutes she gave up and just took it. As you can see the kids were not interested! But it was nice of her to try. Well again I went crazy with the pictures, but I just love taking them and posting lots!

10 comments:

Brittany said...

So fun! Good Job on the swing set Lance!

Unknown said...

How awesome that you have a swing set for the kids... fun times ahead with that thing! Your lawn, by the way, is so green. I miss Utah grass. The grass out here in TN is so sharp and yellow and ick.
The zoo looks fun too! Love all the pictures.

Jenessa said...

Way to go, Lance! He's such a good daddy & cute of Sawyer to help out!:) Fun pics of your outting to the zoo. I love your Easter pics, too! See you at the GNO?

Mom of three ♥ said...

Jae, yes I will be at the Girls night out. See ya tomorrow.

kaTie said...

That looks like a lot of fun! We'll have to plan a trip this summer or fall to the Zoo in SL.

P.S. Amber... that pic of you is gorgeous! You're a nerd!

3in3mom said...

Such fun! Looks like you are enjoying the spring weather. Looks like we may be in Disneyland at the same time. . . we'll be there Monday.

Goates said...

I love that swing set. Those swings look perfect for your kids. Your day at the zoo looks like you had a lot of fun. I love taking kids to see the animals. And, I thought you looked great in the pictures ;)

cuteute said...

The kids will have a fun time on the swing set! Good job Lance! It looks like you had a fun time at the zoo! Cute pictures!!

Troy & Emily said...

Atleast Sadie has hair to mess up! Sophy is still struggling with that. Oh and the first bow I made and put on her, she dismantled (and took it off) in 3 seconds flat! It's a sassy girl thing I think.
Emily & Troy & Sophy =)

Troy & Emily said...

Atleast Sadie has hair to mess up! Sophy is still struggling with that. Oh and the first bow I made and put on her, she dismantled (and took it off) in 3 seconds flat! It's a sassy girl thing I think.
Emily & Troy & Sophy =)