Welcome to our blog!

Welcome to our blog!

Thursday, April 23, 2009

A Wonderful Wicked time!

Last night I had the opportunity to go see WICKED at the Capital Theater with my Mom, sisters and oldest Niece. My Dad stood in line months ago in the freezing snow the day they went on sale and got a bunch of tickets. One was for my niece Sydney for her 14th Birthday which was on April 13th and she was given the ticket and was so excited. Then he still had 6 others and so my sister in law Britt bought two of them and her and her mom also came with us. So it was Myself, Mom, sister Tiff and Michele, Sydney and Brittany and her mom Stacey. Britt and her mom went to dinner at a different place and met us at the play and the rest of us went to Olive Garden downtown and had a yummy dinner before the show.
I had never really seen much about Wicked, just heard a few songs that my niece has danced to. Sydney did a dance to the song "Popular" and I loved it!
So when that song came on during the performance I was excited because I actually knew that one and it was so cute. The girl who was playing Glinda was hilarious and so good!

The hole performance was very good and cute and it was a lot of fun having a girls night out with my family. My dad was great for watching my kids until Lance got home from work and then he dropped them off at home and Lance was in charge. Lance got them both to bed and I was able to have a fun and relaxing night so Thank You Dad and my hubby for letting that happen!
And also a Thanks to my parents for getting the tickets and inviting me to go.
Here are a few pictures from the night. I didn't get a group one with Britt and her mom since they met up with us at the Theater before the show.
My oldest sister Tiffany and her daughter my oldest niece Sydney

My mom and Tiffany My sister Michele and I

And all of us in front of the Theater

Thanks girls for a fun night!!

10 comments:

Gina Sims said...

How fun!!! I have heard that Wicked is really good. I am glad you were able to have a great girls night! Sydney shares my birthday so she was must be extra special!

Jenessa said...

Jealous! I've wanted to see it, but didn't get tickets...I've heard it's awesome--my mom's seen it at least twice on broadway. Glad you had a good time!

cuteute said...

I bet you had so much fun! I can't believe Syd is 14!!! I am going to Wicked in May With JoNena. I got my tickets a year ago though JoNena! Im glad you had a fun time with the girls!

Jen Holt said...

I'm glad you got to see Wicked. We get to go next week. I am way excited!

Denise said...

How fun! Mom,sisters and nieces are the best! Glad you had fun!

Laura said...

Looks like you guys had a great time! I am so excited to go in July with Torri & my sister-in-laws!

Nicole & Ammon said...

I am so jealous! I have wanted to see Wicked forever!

Amber Burt said...

What a fun girls night! I am excited, I get to go to Wicked tonight with my mom and sister-in-laws.
Your Easter pictures are so cute, and it looks like they love the swing set!

Anonymous said...

So fun! I can't believe Sid is 14!! In just 2 years she can start dating! She's growing so stinken fast!!

Christy said...

I am so glad that you got to go. What a fun girl's night.