Welcome to our blog!

Welcome to our blog!

Thursday, April 2, 2009

The twiners are 9 months, here is how they did at their appointment!

Today the twins are 9 months old.. Only 4 months to go and we will have 1 year olds and it has just flown by. They had their appointment yesterday and they did well. The Doctor was a little worried about their weights so she told me that I need to give them more calories to chunk them up!! So we will work on that in the next month and then we have to go back in for a weight check.
They eat really well and so I was thinking all was going good, but I guess not! She said it could be because they have been sick for months and also they are more active these days. So we will just try and get their weight up. Everything else was good, she said that both of Sawyer's procedure stuff looked great and this was the first time since he was 3 months that she checked his ears and their was no fluid!! That was so nice to finally be able to have that said. They did have to have one shot because at their last appointment they were out of one again, so they had that and they were fine they only cried for a second.

So here is their stats:
Sadie
Weight: 15 lbs 8 oz. ( Yep she is our tiny one)
Height: 26 1/4
Head: 17

Sawyer
Weight: 18 lbs 12 oz.
Height: 28 1/2
Head: 17 3/4

So now we just have to keep them eating a lot more, she told us to give them Mashed Potatoes and put some good amount of butter on them..
Here is what they are doing at 9 months..

Sadie has started crawling, but she only goes back wards and then gets stuck under the chairs and tables and gets mad.. We try and show her how to go forward but she has not done it yet. I am sure it will come to her soon.
She still has no teeth. :)
She laughs and giggles at brother all the time, they have fun playing together
She holds her own bottle really well now, she has for awhile but now she is a pro!
She steals Sawyer's Binky out of his mouth and half the time I am looking for his she always has it in her mouth and it always seems to be the blue one! I don't know why, but we think it is kinda funny.
She smiles so cute and has such a fun personality

Sawyer has also started crawling sort of and he moves sideways and in circles he will scoot himself all the way around in a circle and then scoot forward. He gets up on all fours, but does not really go forward on all fours. But he gets to where he wants to go.
He has 4 teeth and they are sharp! 2 on the top and 2 on the bottom, he also has started grinding them and it makes me crazy to hear it. The doctor said it was OK, he is just feeling them since he has to get use to them, but we need to watch it for when he gets older.
He also loves to laugh and play with sister
And can sometimes be found also stealing sisters Binky, I guess he figures if she wants his he will have hers. :)
He also holds his own bottle really well, and that is nice for me now so if I need to be doing something else I can.
He also has a cute smile and is such a sweet little boy, he is our tender hearted boy. If someone else is crying another baby or kid he will also start to cry. Or if he gets told NO, he gets a big pouty face and will start to get tears in his eyes.
We have also noticed now that he has tubes put in that he hears louder sounds and the Hair dryer and Vacuum scare him. Before I think it was kinda muffled for him and now he hears it better so he has to get use to the sounds being louder.

They are both such good babies and sweet hearts and I can't imagine our life with out them. Our lives before them were great and we had fun being just a married couple, but now that we have kids it is wonderful and it is so much fun to be a family of 4 and watch all the fun and cute things they do. Lance always says that when we found out we were having two that he was freaked out, but now he can't imagine not having both of them. They make us laugh everyday and just make us so happy to be their mom and dad!

16 comments:

Alicia said...

Wow. Those kiddos are just getting cuter and cuter aren't they? I loved reading all about what they are up to. It sounds like they are so much fun!

kaTie said...

Amber - they are both too cute. My little man isn't putting much weight on either... not yet to be too concerned about, he's growing... s-l-o-w-l-y...sigh... maybe I should try the mashed potatoes and butter... I bet the babies would like it (I would).

Let me know what works good to put the wieght on...

Ficker Family said...

Oh your little twinsies are sooo cute! I love it how the steal each other's binkies. So funny. One of these days (soon I hope) we should wonder over to meet them. It really is so fun to know these guys are growing up. I love the little updates. I might actually do the same. The boys just had their 4 month dr's appt today. So fun.

Jenessa said...

I can't believe they're already 9 months! Yes, they'll be a year old before you know it! Blakeney will be in kindergarten the same time they will. They're darling and I'm glad they're healthy and doing great!

Strong Family said...

Daniel was little too. And my doc said the same thing. More butter. But after three, I just blow him off. Do you know how big an average baby is? Huge, at least in my opinion. I think the really big babies tip the scale so that average is big. I've known very few babies who were actually average when it came to weight. Don't worry about the weight thing. It isn't a big deal, and besides, do you really want them to like eating all the stuff that would make them put on weight? I figure as long as they eat well and are healthy why does it matter how much they weigh. Just my two cents on the matter.

Gina Sims said...

It is so fun to read about your little twinsies! My kids are both still so little. For most of Kade's life he has been below the chart & just barely got back on the charts for weight. Courtney has never been above 5%. I think that some kids are just cute, healthy, & little!
Sawyer reminds me of Kade because of the surgeries they have had. Kade male surgey was a little different but they poor little guys! Kade hasn't had any problems since he had his tubes, it has made a world of difference for him. I wish I would have known that Kade had fluid all that time & could've have had the surgery sooner but oh well.

Christy said...

Don't worry about the weight thing... as long as they are eating and their iron counts are okay they will grow when they are darn good and ready. If it makes you feel better, my Adam is only 20 pounds barely at his 1 year appointment. Just a little perspective..... How lucky that they will always have a buddy to tease and play with.... and a pretty special mama to boot!

The Petterssons said...

I can't believe they're already 9 months old! Sawyer is catching up to Cassie in weight :-) I was told the same thing.....load on the calories. It didn't work too well. Instead, I bought pediasure (supplemental nutrition drink for kids) for her to drink at snack times and with her lunch (but don't replace their food or regular milk with it). That really worked well. She had actually gained a few pounds within a few weeks...then she started walking and has been a skinnie minnie since!

Cricket said...

They are sooooooo cute!!!

Patti :) said...

Thanks for the cute disneyland tag-it looks like we will be there about a week aprat. I got the font for my blog at the Cutest Blog on the Block secrets page.
Your kids aren't that small, Bracken was 19 lbs at his 9months and he was just a little bit big. they are cutie pies!!They are growing so fast huh? Bracken will be one next month!!

Mom of three ♥ said...

Thanks everyone for your messages on the kids weights! I have heard froma afew other people and my own sisters who kids were small as well and they said that they were all just fine and they grew when they were suppose to and have never had issues with it! So I appreciate all your comments. I have kinda felt like a bad mom because I felt like I was not giving them enough food. But now I feel better that not all babies are chunks! lol
I am glad that I have good friends and family that will always make me feel better!

Alysha said...

Can you believe it?! In three short months, you will have 2 one year-olds walking around! It sounds like they are doing great and they sure look as adorable as ever. :)

Suzanne said...

Hold on! We are creeping up on a year here! Time is flying way to fast!! Enjoy every moment! -Suzanne

Danielle said...

Yay for being 9 months! I'm so glad they are doing okay, even though they need to put on a little weight. They are adorable!

Unknown said...

It is so good to hear they are doing well. It sounds like life in your house is a constant party! They are so adorable!!

Anna Phillips said...

Amber -
I noticed you commented on my blog, so I had to come and read some of yours. That is so funny that our kids are the same age/same names, etc.
We must have good taste! ha ha
It's so funny, b/c we call Sawyer "Sawy" too! Our little girl first started calling him that when she started talking and it has stuck with him. We will definitely have to keep in touch. I see that yours are starting to crawl. Sawyer hasn't started that yet. And, don't worry about Sadie's teeth. Sawyer doesn't have any yet either. My Sadie didn't get her first tooth until she was 11 and 1/2 months old! And, she would grind them all of the time too. It would freak me out. But, she doesn't do it anymore. Please keep in touch with me!! Thanks for your comment on my blog!