So as some of you may know that Sawyer was suppose to have Surgery done this last Tuesday. But because he is still getting over his cold and cough we had to reschedule it. He is having tubes put in his ears since he has had so many Ear infections and when we went to the ENT to have his ears looked at they did a test on him and said that he has fluid in both ears and that the test they did on him that usually shows movement in his ears and what it showed on the screen it should show where it comes to a peak which means the fluid is moving and his did not show that and so they want him to have the tubes put in. And he is also getting his Circumcision finished, finally. Since the Doctor messed it up at the hospital when he was born, now he has to have it fixed and done the correct way! This may be to much info for some and Lance would probably die that I am writing about Sawyer's little boy parts, but they just have to basically remove the rest of the fore skin so it will look normal and make sure that it is nice and straight! See that wasn't so bad, lol. So in the end it will all be fixed and look perfectly normal and he won't even know the difference! Anyway we had to wait till he was over 6 months for that since he needs to be put under and so now since he is having the tubes done as well we are doing them both the same time.
That way he only has to be put under anaesthesia once and not twice and that makes us happy, since I am worried about him going under it anyway. I know it will only be about 25 to 30 minutes but as a mom I still worry. But I know he will do fine. So he will now go in March 17th to Primary's and have both surgeries done. We pray he will be all over his cold and cough and be able to go in this day. If you will please keep him and us in your prayers on this day we would appreciate it!
Thanks,
12 comments:
Oh, that is so sad. Even though it is such a normal surgery it still is scary as a parent. It's so sad when your in outpatient surgery and see little infants and toddler in there gowns. Good luck, I hope everything goes great.
Messing up circumcision???? That is my worst nightmare. Poor little guy. Wish him the best!
Alicia, Ya we were not very happy about it. You would think a pediatrician would know what they were doing! It was not our own Doctor it was the one they had at Jordan Valley hospital that did it. Since our Pediatrician is in Bountiful she didn't come to that hopsital so we trusted the one at JV and then she didn't do it right..
I know just how you are feeling. Both Roman and Capri had tubes put in and it really isn't fun for mom. You will be so happy you did it though-where winter the twins had an infection almost every month, this year was a breeze! Good luck and know we will keep you in our prayers!
Children and hospitals are brutal. As a mother, it is heart wrenching to do, even when it is minor stuff! Good luck with the surgeries! -Suzanne
Good luck with everything. Ella might have to have a little surgery because she has a clogged tear duct still and the thought of them having to give her anesthesia makes me so nervous too. I suppose it is the bad that goes along with all the good of being a parent. Hope you guys are feeling better soon.
I had tubes several times as a child and my half siblings both did around age 1. Not so bad. Does Sawyer have reflux too. I heard that reluxy babies can have problems with fluid in their ears because the reflux can get into their ear canals. Just a thought. Hope he gets better soon, and I'm so glad he only has to have one surgery instead of two.
I remember when Cody had his"winky surgery" as we always called it. He was born in Florida and we came here when he was only 3 weeks old so I had it done here when he was 4 weeks old. My late husband Keith had to go in with him because I was white and trembling and couldn't breath right...which is totally not me at all. But when it came to my baby I turned into a big wimp. You are all in our prayers that things go smoothly. Big Hugs....Cricket
I'm sorry to hear that your little guy isn't doing so hot. I hope that all goes well and hang in there, mama!
Amber, I know it's hard as a parent but everything will be just fine. My youngest had tubes when he was a baby and then he had his tonsils out in Nov. last year. It's alway's so difficult as a Mom because it's just our nature to nurture and protect our children. The staff in the recovery area thought I was crazy I'm sure because I bawled when they took me back see Camren after his tonsils. I think I was just really tired. But everything will be fine and afterward you'll wonder what all your fuss was about. Goodluck we'll say a prayer for you and your baby boy!
Amber, he's gonna be just fine. We do those tube insertion surgeries at our hospital sometimes and the little kids/babies are so cute. They usually feel SO MUCH better after it's done.
That would tick me off about the circumcision... sorry he has to go through that.
Both my brothers had tubes in their ears. Too bad Sawyer has to have them, but they really do help with chronic ear infections. Glad he can go under only once for both procedures. I'm sure it'll go just fine--hang in there!
Post a Comment