Welcome to our blog!

Welcome to our blog!

Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Party time for two!

Here are the party pictures finally. We had a crazy and busy day trying to get everything ready and I was hoping all day that the rain would stop so we could still do it at the park and finally around 3:00 when it was still raining we thought we better make a plan B so that we could let everyone know what we were doing. So we called a guy in our Stake and asked if anyone was using the church that night and so very lucky for us no one was. So Lance ran over and got the keys and we decided to wait another hour or so to make the final decision since we figured we had the keys if we needed them. So at the very last minute we had to move it to the church. Luckily we were able to send out a big text to all our family and friends and let them know it would not be at the park this year!
But it ended up working out and I am so glad that we decided to get the ward house. We all stayed dry and all the kids had a place to run free still. Good thing that the deposit on the Pavilion wasn't too much so I didn't feel to bad about not being able to use it.


The Birthday girl, the morning of their birthday!
The Birthday boy also the big morning. I wanted to get them both together before I took them in to open presents They love to be silly Sawyer as always trying to grab the camera And here is our attempts to get some pictures in their Birthday outfits. The first two are cute and then they started to be silly again.
Sadie was all about the camera and having her pics taken, Sawyer was not so sure.
Sadie bug being so serious, I think it's funny how she is holding her mouth makes her cheeks look so chubby! Sawyer would not look at me, he kept being shy! And here is my silly little girl. I asked her to smile for me and this is what I got! :)Here are some of the gifts that Lance and I bought them. Their water table and float things for the pool. I didn't get any pictures of the other ones we bought them. And I totally forgot to take a picture of all of their other toys they got from the party too, they got spoiled. Thanks to everyone who brought all the fun stuff for them. It was like Christmas all over again.
Here they are waiting patiently while we try and hurry and set things up at the church
Here is their fun balloons my parents bought them, their Mylar balloons have Mickey and Minnie on them. We kept trying to get a good picture of Sadie's balloon but as you will see it just was not working so well.
My mom trying to hold it down so I can take a picture, we lost Sadie in the big cloud of balloons, lol Here are the cute table cloths I bought And the boy side of coarse, this was my niece Sydney trying to help me put together the center piece of the Mickey and friends. I could not figure it out so thankfully I had her to do it. Here is their cake. They were suppose to put some blue and pink on it but I guess they forgot the pink. It still turned out really cute.

Again it is always a chore to get both kids looking at the camera, So here we are trying to get at least one good one. Sadie just kept wanting to grab the cake.


Finally we got one that we were all kinda looking, I think Sawyer was slipping down Lance is trying to hang on to him. Opening presents, it was so nice having their high chairs their to sit them in to open the presentsSadie got very upset every time I would have to take one away from her to give her another, she didn't understand that she would get to open another. She was very mad!:)




Ready for the cake, we had two small ones for them to dig into. Again Sadie's was suppose to be pink!

Sadie started picking at it right away and really dug in once we stopped singing. She started clapping after everyone sang it was so cute!
Sawyer would only put one finger in and was not so sure he wanted to get messy
Sadie loved it
Sawy getting alittle more into it
She had it all over her, it was funny to watch because she was just shoving it in.

Sawyer finally enjoyed it and this was him after we took it away and ready to clean him up
Sadie was sad when we had to take it away, as you can see she really enjoyed it all!

We want to thank everyone who came and supported us and our kids on their special day. We love you all and had a great time seeing everyone!

11 comments:

Goates said...

What a fun birthday party. They are so cute. Those pictures of them together are the best. Sadie's smile is so cute. They look great.

Gina Sims said...

So cute! Looks like a great britday party! What a great mom you are! I always love to read your posts!

Stephanie said...

That looks like they had a great day! I like the picture of Sadie with her two bottom teeth. They did good on the cake, poor Dylan just sat there with his and didn't get into it at all. (I think he would have loved it more if it were Chocolate personally but thats just me) And he got like 4 stuffed animals and Julie freaked out cause she thinks it's not normal to have stuffed animals for a boy but he LOVES them so much. He will love and cuddle them and its the sweetest thing so I dont know why it bothers her so much. Oh well, Jared and I and my parents kept laughing every time he opened it to find a stuffed animal cause it was bugging her and its like get over it..He just loves them and that's all that counts!!
Glad they had a FUN day, I can't believe how big they are getting!!
Have a great week ~Steph~

Laura said...

Cute pics, looks like they had a fun day!!

Kuehne Korner said...

Very cute! Sorry we could not be there. love the cake pictures, at least Sawyer finally got messy. Brody just sat there and looked at his.

Unknown said...

It looks like it was quite a party! Very cute pictures. Can you believe they're one? It just makes me crazy to think Madeline will be one in a couple months. Insane!!

Rachel Lovato said...

Cute pics! I love the one of Sadie crying when you would take her presents away! How precious!

Christy said...

What a wonderful day to get to celebrate two-fold! I am glad that you have had a happy, eventful, wild year raising your sweeties. Here's praying for many more parties to come!

kaTie said...

that looks like way too much fun. doesn't time just fly by? we are about ready for a first b-day too. sigh. it's bitter sweet...

looks like they enjoyed it!

Denise said...

They are sooooooo cute! I know I have told you this before but I love your blog...thanks for sharing!

cuteute said...

That was a fun party! The twins had a fun day! Happy 1st Birthday Sadie and Sawyer! Love, Aunt Cindy