So they got me all ready and I had to be in the operating room just in case I needed a C section, luckily both babies were able to stay head down and all went well. By the time we got in there and the Doctor showed up it was after 6 and at 6:46 pm Sadie was born and was so tiny! They took her away over to get all checked out and even before I could see her they took her away to the NICU. :( Then at 6:56 pm after he broke my other water Sawyer was born. He was just a bit bigger than sister, but still looked so small. After they got him all cleaned up they let me see him for a second and kiss him and then he was off to the NICU to be with sister. They were both having a hard time breathing so once Sawyer was born Lance went down there with both of them to make sure they were OK. Then I was taken to my room and called the family and let them know that they were born. I did not get to see them till 11:00 that night and I was dying to see them! It was the best thing ever when I finally got to see them and hold them!
It is still amazing to me that I gave birth to two babies, it was the coolest experience I have ever had and I am so glad that I was able to have this opportunity to bring two little one's into the world and raise them! It has been wonderful for Lance and I too see them grow and change and just be able to have them in our family. We love them so much and can't imagine our lives with out them. So here is what our lives have been like over the past year. We hope you enjoy the pictures.
This was us the night before I had the twins! I look back and think how scared we were that night and excited all in one! I didn't gain much weight since I was so sick. But I think what I did gain it was all in my face, it looks huge in this picture! :)
I can't believe I am posting this picture, I think only Lance and my parents have seen this one. But owell, it's on here now! I felt like I was so big, everyone kept telling me I didn't look like I was carrying twins, but I sure felt like I looked it! I was all out in front.
My tiny little Sadie bug born first and weighing 4 lbs 7 oz at birth and now around 18 lbs! Yes, she is still tiny and has not gained a hole lot, but she is doing wonderful. ( I don't know her exact weight yet since we have not gone to their 1 year appointment, but think she is around that weight.
My cute Sadie Christine, Lance went in to check on them that night and she was loving her little fingers.

Sawyer Lance 5 lbs 11 0z at Birth and now he is 23 lbs! They were both hooked up to things the first night they were born, but by morning they were able to be in my room and I was one very happy new mommy! I worried all night long if they were doing OK and if they would be able to be with me that next day.
My cute Sadie Christine, Lance went in to check on them that night and she was loving her little fingers.
Sawy boy
My little man
Sadie baby 

This was the very first time I actually got to hold them both with out them all hooked up to things. I was so tired that morning as you can see! ( I am still bugged that our camera date was off, it says it's the 2nd that day but it was really the 3rd!) Owell. ( I worry way to much) :)
The morning my two bundles of joy were brought into my room. They were so tiny and precious!
My mom put these cute signs out for us at our house.
The day we came home with them, so cute and tiny!




Their blessing day, August 3rd, 2009
They were 1 month here, we took these pictures for my Grandma Kuehne's funeral to have on the table.


First Halloween
First Thanksgiving
First Christmas
Christmas night at our house
First Valentines Day!
7 Month pictures February 2009




Birthday pictures, 11 1/2 months old. June 2009



My little man

Their blessing pictures 1 Month old, August 2008

I love this one of Sawyer giving kisses to his sissy.


Their blessing day, August 3rd, 2009 3 Month pics, October 2008


First HalloweenI just had to put this sweet picture on, Sadie was so tired after all the excitement of Christmas morning.


This was the kids first St. Patty's day and the day Sawyer had his surgeries.




To our sweet babies we thank you for letting us be your parents and take care of you. You bring us so much joy and we just can't get enough of you two! We can't wait to see what the next year will bring. ♥
Happy Birthday Sadie and Sawyer, We love you so much!
Love, Daddy and Mommy ♥♥
Some how again I got a huge space from here to the bottom, so just keep scrolling down if you want to leave a comment! Thanks. ♥
Some how again I got a huge space from here to the bottom, so just keep scrolling down if you want to leave a comment! Thanks. ♥




















10 comments:
Happy Birthday Sadie and Sawyer!! They are so cute-wow time does by so fast when you are having fun!!
I loved hearing their birth story! It was so neat to watch them grow over the year. Happy Britday to two super cute kids!
Happy Birthday! Thanks for posting them as they got bigger - it was fun to see how tiny there were and how grown-up they are now. Yay!!!
Memories!! Happy Birthday to the both of them! It's amazing how much they grow in one year! Looks like you better get started on the next sibling!
Hurray for Happy Days. And for the record you were a great looking pregnant woman.
Happy Birthday Sadie & Sawyer! I think that turning 1 is such a bitter sweet moment, on the one side you are SO happy to celebrate their birth but on the other note it's kind of sad that they aren't babies anymore and just keep getting bigger and bigger and changing so much so fast!
You will have to post party pictures, I love watching them eat their very own 1st bday cake! SO FUN!
Have a fun 4th of July!!
Steph
It was sure fun to see them at their party! They are such cute kids. You and Lance are such wonderful parents and have taken great care of them their first year and will continue to. Lots of things have happened in the one year--thanks for sharing the pics and yeah, it was fun to hear their birth story--I don't think I had heard the whole thing before. Enjoy this coming year just as much! Thanks again for sharing them with us! Love, Jae and fam
Oh my goodness I have so much to say about your post!
1) Thanks so much for sharing the brith story and the year in pictures!
2) You were TINY when you were pregnant, I can't believe that you had two in there!
3) I SOO relate to what you were expressing. When you said that you told Lance to go take care of the babies, to leave you...I remember my moment like that to. That is when it dawns on us..we aren't the babies anymore, we are the mommas! Surreal and wonderful!
4)I can't believe that you didn't get to see the babies for so much longer after they were born, that must have been so hard!
5) HAPPY BIRTHDAY SADIE AND SAWYER! HERES TO MANY MORE!!!
What a beautiful birth story. What beautiful children. You have the cutest family.
I actually read this blog and started to get a little teary eyed. I had had a bad week wishing the boys were older and more independent and wishing they could tell me what they wanted instead of crying at me. :) Anyway, once I saw that your twins just turned a year, I realized how very fast the time does go by and I'm sure when they are bigger I'll wish for them to be little again. Anyway I don't know if I'm really making any since at all but your kids are so adorable and I love all the pictures. You have been so good about getting their pictures done. I love it. Keep it up.
Post a Comment