Welcome to our blog!

Welcome to our blog!

Thursday, September 11, 2008

Going for a walk with the kids!

Ok, so I decided this morning that I was going to start walking with the kids in the mornings to lose the little extra baby weight that I am trying to get off. So I got the kids dressed and in their carseats. Things were going well as Sawyer was falling asleep and Sadie was calm for a few seconds! Yep, I said a few seconds well I cursed myself.. Because once I got them all in their seats and hooked onto the stroller ready to go Sadie bursts out in this loud scream!!

So I put her binkie back in and decide that I still really want to go so I start down the street, as I start to walk my neighbor comes around the corner from walking her little girl and we talk about how we should go walking together.. Anyway Sadie is still screaming and my neighbor tells me I am a brave women for taking two little ones for a walk by myself. Really I didn't think it would be that bad thinking that the kids would fall asleep. But I should have thought twice since she hates her carseat anyway. SHE CRIED THE HOLE WAY AROUND THE BLOCK!! I am sure people thought that I was hurting her or something. So I walked really fast and headed home.

So needless to say I did not get very far with my walk and I was a bit disappointed.. Owell!
Next time I am going to put her in the snugli and Sawyer in the back just laying down and see if that works better until I can find a double running stroller where they can both lay down and relax and not be in their carseats!! Even though Sawyer did fall asleep and was fine.

So that was my first experience with taking the kids for a walk and I will do things differently next time! :) If anyone sees a good deal on a double running stroller let me know.. Thanks!

4 comments:

Strong Family said...

Check the KSL classifieds for double strollers or Kid to Kid.

Brittany said...

Yep-KSL, I've been looking for Dill a single rider so I can run with him. And KSL had alot of both. I'm pretty sure your smaller than before you were prego:) But getting healthy is never a bad thing. You've got to take care of yourself first!

Mom of three ♥ said...

I actually am thinner than before I got pregnant.. Guess it helped being so sick during my pregnancy! But I do still have some baby belly fat I want to get rid of..I will check out KSL thanks gals.

The Petterssons said...

Maybe next time Sadie will enjoy her outing mjore. I still have a hard time with Cassie: she either wants to be held or wants to not be buckled in the stroller.