Welcome to our blog!

Welcome to our blog!

Friday, September 5, 2008

Two month doctor visit stats

So we went on Wednesday and had the twins 2 month visit and shots!! They were not happy about the shots, but they did only cry for a few minutes after and they were better. I had given them tylenol before so I think that helped!
They were pretty good most the day and we kept them full of tylenol threw the day so that it would keep their fevers down. It was just later on that night that they were really uncomfortable. I felt so bad for them. We would barely touch them to move them or feed them and they would just burst out in tears and it is so sad to hear them and see the big alligator tears come on. But they are doing much better now and I am glad that the shots for now are over with!

Here are their stats from the visit..
Sadie is 8 lbs and 7 oz and 20 3/4 inch.
Sawyer is 11 lbs and 22 inches. He is my cute little chunker.

Sadie was just barely on the charts the doctor said that since they were preemies that it is good that she hit the charts at all. She is just 5 % on all her Height, Weight and head. He said that usually preemies don't even hit the charts so he was happy she did. And so were we!

Sawyer was 20% on his Height, 25% on his weight and 10% on his head. He said they are both doing great and he won't need to see them again till 4 months!! So we are so glad they are growing so well..

Here are a few pics so you can see how big they have gotten.



3 comments:

Jenessa said...

Those pics are so cute! Sadie's a little Amber and Sawyer a little Lance! So fun! Glad they did well at the doctors. Never fun to watch them have to get their shots. They're growing well. Seems they've been around longer than 2 months! You're a great mom, Am! Have fun with those 2...Luv, Jae

Christy said...

Here is my motherly advice for the year (I promise no more for at least a year). The one trick I have learned from doing shots to keep them from getting sore is to "run" their legs or arms for about 5 minutes right after the shots. Just wiggle them around....it forces the immunization to move out of the muscle faster so it doesn't settle and make them sore. Or you can gently massage around the spot where they were "shot-up". It really does help. When they are older we have them pretend to drive the car home and run really fast all the way home in the car. Ahhh, the joys of shots! Good luck!

Mom of three ♥ said...

Great advice Christy thanks! I am a new mommy so any advice is fine, I don't mind when you leave cute comments for me!